If you need to move files back and forth between your computer and the DM server, than this guide is for you!
Connecting to the DM server is super easy if you’re using a Mac.
1. Go to the Finder and click on “Go > Connect to Server…”
2. In the Connect to Server window, type afp://dm.ampd.yorku.ca into the Server Address field and click “Connect”.
3. When prompted for a username and password, enter the same login information you use when logging into the computers in the lab and click “Connect”.
4. After successfully connecting to the server, you will be asked which volume you wish to mount. Scroll through the list until you find the volume with the same name as your username. Select that volume and click “OK”.
5. A Finder window should open displaying all of your files and folders on the DM server. Congrats! You are now connected to the DM server!
Connecting to the DM server is a bit more convoluted if you’re using Windows. Due to security restrictions on Windows remote file access imposed by York Central Computing, all Windows users wishing to access any of York’s servers must first connect via VPN.
Instructions for downloading and installing VPN client software for Windows can be found here: http://staff.computing.yorku.ca/internet-access/secure-remote-access/
Once you’ve downloaded the appropriate VPN client, instructions for setting it up can be found here: http://staff.computing.yorku.ca/internet-access/secure-remote-access/setup-instructions-for-windows-32-and-64-bit/
If you’ve successfully downloaded, installed and setup your VPN client software and connected to VPNYork SSLVPN, your Junos Pulse window should look like the image below. If you are still having problems connecting to VPNYork SSLVPN, contact York University’s IT Service Desk here: http://itservicedesk.yorku.ca/
Download the CyberDuck FTP Client (FREE):
1. Install Cyberduck on your PC
2. Open Cyberduck
3. Click on “Open Connection”
4. Select “SFTP” (RED CIRCLE)
5. Enter the Server Address “dm.ampd.yorku.ca”
6. Enter your Username and Password. Use the same login information you use when logging into the computers in the lab and click OK. DO NOT use your Passport York login information.
7. You will now be connected to the Server. Find your folder in the correct Volume.